Read the following instructions to install EasyMap and activate your license. For more information on how to deploy EasyMap, see the notes for IT administrators.
After you have downloaded and executed the setup, proceed with the installation wizard:
- Accept the license terms and select the setup type Complete.
- Select Anyone who uses this computer to perform the installation for all users of the computer. This requires administrator rights. Select Only for me to perform the installation for the currently logged in user only. This usually does not require administrator rights.
- When the installation is complete, keep the Start program option checked. Then click on Finish.
Immediately after the EasyMap installation process is finished or you start EasyMap for the first time, a window opens for activating the license.
- Select Activate license. If you do not have a license key, you can use the free trial version (then, the following steps are not necessary).
- Enter the license key you received via e-mail and click Next.
- The successful activation of the license key will then be confirmed. Click Close.
3. Install the digital maps
- Select install digital maps. If you already have the digital maps installed, you can continue without installation.
- You will see all available maps for your license listed. Already installed maps will also be listed. Remove the check mark to prevent the installation of specific maps. Click on Install.
4. Update check, error report and usage statistics
When you start EasyMap for the first time, you can choose one of the three options to search for updates, to send error reports and anonymous usage statistics. You may also change this setting later in EasyMap by selecting Tools > Options > Update check, error report, usage statistics. You find more information about the data protection regulations here.
Installing digital maps afterwards
If you want to install additional maps later, e.g. after a map update, start EasyMap. In the main menu, select Tools > Install base maps.
Then a window will show you all map bases to be installed. If you have already installed maps, they will also be listed. Remove the check mark to prevent the installation of specific base maps. Click on Install.
Change license and edition afterwards
- To change the license afterwards, click in EasyMap on the menu ? > About EasyMap > Show License Details. The current license information for EasyMap is displayed here.
- Click on Change License. If you are using the trial version, you can now enter your license key. Otherwise, the information about the active license will be displayed. Select the Remove License button here. You will be asked if you really want to remove the license. Clicking Yes closes EasyMap and opens a window.
- Click on Activate license there. If you do not have a license key, you can use the free trial version.
- Enter the license key you received by e-mail and click Next.
The successful license activation will be confirmed. Click on Close. EasyMap then starts automatically.
- Microsoft Windows 10 (1809, 1803, 1709, 1703, 1607, 1511), Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1¹
About 300 MB hard disk space
- 2 GB RAM or more
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components²
¹ Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the mentioned operating systems are supported by EasyMap 32-bit version. EasyMap 64-bit version only supports 64-bit versions of the mentioned operating systems. In addition, app and desktop virtualization systems such as Citrix XenApp are supported.
² EasyMap requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 and the Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components. They are installed automatically by the setup.