Installation instructions (Offline)
1. Install EasyMap
After you have downloaded and executed the setup, proceed with the installation wizard:
- Accept the license terms and select the Setup type Complete.
- Select Anyone who uses this computer to perform the installation for all users of the computer. This requires administrator rights. Select Only for me to perform the installation for the currently logged in user only. This usually does not require administrator rights.
- When the installation is complete, keep the Start program option checked. Then click on Finish.
Immediately after the EasyMap installation process is finished or you start EasyMap for the first time, opens a window to activate the license.
- Select Activate license. If you do not have a license file or license key, you can use the free trial version (the following steps are not necessary).
- Click on Advanced Options.
- If you have received a license key, copy it from the e-mail into the field under License key. If you have received a license file (*.licx), select it under License file.
- You can now choose between two license types: Local license for a standalone or terminal server installation or prepare network license.
- After selecting Local license, the successful activation will be confirmed. Close the window.
- After selecting Prepare network license, select the network path of the concurrent user license. You will receive a confirmation that the network license information has been created. Click on OK. Now select Activate license again. Then click on Advanced Options (and by activating this license on other clients). Specify the previously defined path of the network license. The successful activation will be confirmed. Close the window.
Hinweis: With a network license, the license information is stored on a central network folder. This network folder is used to check the number of concurrent users of the application. Make sure that the license information is permanently available on the central network folder, otherwise the program cannot be started.
3. Install the digital maps
- Select install digital maps. If you already have the digital maps installed, you can continue without installation.
- You will see all available maps for your license listed. If you have already installed maps, they will also be listed. Remove the check mark to prevent the installation of specific maps. Click on Install.
Installing digital maps afterwards
If you want to install additional maps later, e.g. after a map update, run EasyMap. In the main menu, select Tools > Install base maps.
Then a window will show you all map bases to be installed. If you have already installed maps, they will also be listed. Remove the check mark to prevent the installation of specific base maps. Click on Install.
4. Update check, error report and usage statistics
When you start EasyMap for the first time, you can choose one of the three options to search for updates, to send error reports and anonymous usage statistics. You can also change this setting later in EasyMap by selecting Tools > Options > Update check, error report, usage statistics. You can find more information about the data protection regulations here.
Change license and edition afterwards
- To change the license afterwards, click in EasyMap on the menu ? > About EasyMap > Show License Details. The current license information for EasyMap is displayed here.
- Click on Change License. If you are using the trial version, proceed as described in 2. Activate license. Otherwise, the information about the active license will be displayed. Select the Remove License button here. You will be asked again if you really want to remove the license. Clicking Yes closes EasyMap and opens a window. Continue as described in 2 Activate license.
General Installation Instructions
The installation program checks whether the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 and the Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components are already installed. Otherwise, the required components will be installed automatically (needs administrator rights). Required components are downloaded from the Internet if necessary.
EasyMap can be installed for all users of the computer (requires administrator rights) or only for the currently logged in user (does not require administrator rights).
Installing the software
The deployment of EasyMap on the clients using the user interface is described here.
The installation package consists of a Exe-File (which contains a MSI package) and further components (Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components) that may be downloaded from the Internet.
The installation package (EasyMap_<Version>_x86.exe bzw. EasyMap_<Version>_x64.exe) can be obtained directly via download or via the offline installation package.
The installation is performed without a user interface. Both the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2 and the program with default settings are installed. The license information will be passed as command line parameters.
LICENSE=License key|Path to the license file|Path to the network license
This is the recommended method for deploying the program automatically.
EasyMap_<...>.exe /s /v"/qn LICENSEMODE=local LICENSE=01234567-1234-1234-1234-123456789012"
EasyMap_<...>.exe /s /v"/qn LICENSEMODE=local LICENSE=\"\\server\share\EasyMap_Lizenz.licx\""
EasyMap_<...>.exe /s /v"/qn LICENSEMODE=network LICENSE=\"\\server\share\EasyMap\""
||Pass parameters to the Windows Installer (msiexec). Format:
||Starts the Windows Installer package without a user interface.|
Extract the Windows Installer package
The installation program queries the output directory and extracts all files including the Windows Installer package into this folder.
If you use the Windows Installer package (msi) to install the application, the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2 and the Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components have to be installed separately.
Command line: EasyMap_<...>.exe /a
Distribute by group policy
The installation program (and other program packages required by the application) can be entered in a group policy object on an Active Directory domain controller.
The packages specified in the group policy will be installed on the workstations at startup, without requiring the user to intervene.
Unpack the Windows Installer package (see above) into an empty folder on a network share.,
Now create a new installation package under "Computer Configuration/Software Settings" using the Group Policy editor and specify the Windows Installer Package (MSI) from the folder used above.
The Microsoft Net Framework 4.6.2 and the Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components must be installed separately.
Install the digital maps
The installation program for the digital maps (MapManager.exe) is located in the EasyMap installation directory. Alternatively, you can find the installation program in the offline installation package.
The installation is performed without a user interface. A valid license has to be set previously via the EasyMap installation. The following command line parameters can be passed:
||(optional) If not specified, the default directory is used.|
||(optional) Maps are not loaded from the Internet (in combination with the offline installation package)|
MapManager.exe /s /targetpath:“installation directory“
Hinweis: It is recommended to use the local default directory for the installation of the digital maps (C:\ProgramData\Lutututm+Tappert\Maps). By installing the maps on a server the software performance will be affected. If you do this, you have be connected to the server to use EasyMap.