This page explains how to install EasyMap using the user interface and how to activate your license. For more information about deploying EasyMap, see Information for IT Administrators.
Note: An Internet connection is required to activate the license and start EasyMap. When EasyMap is started, a concurrent user check is performed. You can install EasyMap on any number of computers and activate it with your license key. When EasyMap is started, it automatically checks whether a license is free. If no license is free, an additional competing user must wait until another user has finished EasyMap.
After you have downloaded the Setup and executed it, please follow the individual steps of the installation wizard:
- Accept the license terms and select the setup type Complete.
- Select Anyone who uses this computer to perform the installation for all users of the computer. In this case, administrator rights are required. Choose Only for me to run the installation only for the currently signed in user. Usually no admin rights are required for this.
- When the installation is complete, leave the option Start program checked. Then click Complete.
As soon as the EasyMap installation process is completed or you start EasyMap for the first time, a window for activating the license opens.
- Click Activate license. If you don't have a license key, you can use the free Demoversion (The following steps will be omitted then).
- Enter the license key you received by e-mail and click Next.
- The successful activation will then be confirmed. Click Close.
- Select Install base maps. If you have already installed the base maps, you can also continue without installation.
- All base maps to be installed will now be displayed. If you already have base maps installed, they will also be listed. If you do not want to install certain base maps, uncheck the appropriate box. Click Install.
If you want to install additional base maps later, e.g. after a map update, start EasyMap. In the main menu select Extras > Install base maps.
All base maps to be installed will now be displayed in one window. If you already have base maps installed, they will also be listed. If you do not want to install certain base maps, uncheck the appropriate box. Click Install.
4. Update check, error report and usage statistics
When you start EasyMap for the first time, you choose one of the three options to search for updates, send error reports and anonymous usage statistics. You can also change this setting later in EasyMap under Extras > Options > Update check, Error report, Usage statistics. Further information on the data protection regulations can be found here.
Change license and edition later
- To change the license afterwards, click on the menu ? > About EasyMap > Show license information in EasyMap. The current license information for EasyMap is displayed here.
- Click Change License. If you are using the demo version, you can now enter your license key. Otherwise, the information about the active license will be displayed. Select the Remove License button. You will be asked again if you really want to remove the license. After clicking on Yes EasyMap closes and a window opens.
- Click on Activate license. If you don't have a license key, you can use the free Demoversion.
Enter the license key you received by e-mail and click Next.
- The successful activation will then be confirmed. Click Close. EasyMap then starts automatically.
- Microsoft Windows 10 (1809, 1803, 1709, 1703, 1607, 1511), Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1¹
- Approx. 300 MB hard disk space
- 2 GB RAM or more
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2, Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components²
¹ The EasyMap 32-bit version supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of these operating systems. The EasyMap 64-bit version only supports 64-bit versions of the above operating systems. In addition, apps and desktop virtualization systems such as Citrix XenApp are supported.
² EasyMap requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 and the Microsoft Office Data Connectivity Components. They are installed automatically by the setup.